Tubas on a Train

Tubas on a Train
(the prequel to Snakes on a Plane)

Monday, May 2, 2011

My own auditorium

One of the biggest benefits of being a band director at a small school is that the auditorium is only used occasionally and therefore is open whenever I would like to use it.  It was recently remodeled (2006-2007 school year) and has wonderful acoustics.  For such a small school, it is absolutely incredible.
If you look closer, you can see that the chairs don't have seats on them.  Don't worry, they do now.

But throughout the day, I spent a LOT of time on my flexibility and am loving how I sound.  It almost doesn't matter what I play simply because I enjoy playing so much.  And the auditorium just makes it that much better.  My sound bounces back to me and I can hear what other people would hear so I can fix mistakes that I don't like.

When I was at IU, I liked sneaking in to Auer Hall when no one was around and play in there.  I always got kicked out, but the time I spent in there was worth it.

Do you have a favorite place to play or practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment