Tubas on a Train

Tubas on a Train
(the prequel to Snakes on a Plane)

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Arban's Characteristic Study #1

Yup,  the classic Arban's studies that address almost any issue you could ask.  I spent a half an hour today before I even played my horn just going over the fingerings.  I find that if I work on fingerings while blowing air without playing, I save my lips for later on in the day.  I can get a lot more done.  Anyway, I worked for a good amount of time on this study today, just making sure my intervals were solid an transitions were fluid.

I also took a look at the Bai Lin exercises 1-4.  I read exercise Number 2 like it was in Bass Clef and it allowed me to work on my lower register.

I also touched on the clarity of my upper range.  It has been pretty muddy recently and I have found that focusing my air and making sure the center of my lips aren't overblown helps quite a bit.

1 comment:

  1. O Arban #1....how I loathe it. I prefer Arban #10

    ReplyDelete