Tubas on a Train

Tubas on a Train
(the prequel to Snakes on a Plane)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Lip Flexibility

Since I have never really practiced lip flexibility diligently, I have found that starting at the beginning is the best way to go.  This evening before dinner, I worked on Bai Lin Lip Flexibility exercises.
I worked on exercises 1-4.

After dinner, I was able to spend some time in the basement of my in-laws.  It is relentless, because it has a 7 foot ceiling.  And since I am a tall person, my sound comes right back to me.  I always feel like I need to work on my articulation more after I practice there.  Either way, I started out my after dinner session with playing along with a recording of "Gentle Annie."
I then worked out of the Arban's Book.
I played Scale Studies numbers 1 through 4 in both Bb major and B major with a metronome at 90 bpm.
Next I played Chromatic Scales numbers 1 through 3 again with metronome at 90 bpm
I also worked on Multiple Tonguing numbers 1 and 2 at 60 bpm
Finally, I worked on Intervals exercise number 1.  Joe Alessi recommends I should practice the exercises at mm=75.  Not there yet.  I did mm=60.

No comments:

Post a Comment